Industry insights for music professionals since 1976
Classical Music is a one-stop hub for the classical music industry, providing news, opinion, resources and practical advice for music professionals and all those with an interest in the world of classical music, from practitioners to managers and service providers. Our digital offering includes daily news updates from our in-house editorial team, regular commentary from specialist contributors, and advice and analysis from respected figures in the music industry and beyond.
Lucy Thraves is a music graduate with a particular interest in music psychology and the impact of music on mental health. As editor of Classical Music since 2018 she spearheaded the magazine’s Harmony in Mind campaign, encouraging every classical music industry body to strive for a holistic, supportive working environment in which mental health is destigmatised.
EDITORIAL ADVISORY BOARD
- Cathy Graham – director of music at the British Council
- Mark Pemberton – director of the Association of British Orchestras
- Ian Ritchie – freelance artistic director, creative management and transformation consultant
- Atholl Swaintson-Harrison – chief executive of the International Artist Managers’ Association
- Helen Wallace – artistic and executive director of Kings Place