Sales Executive - Music
Who are we?
Mark Allen Group is a trusted, family-owned media organisation. A continuously expanding business with over 450 employees, we drive, connect and educate audiences. Mark Allen Group consists of seven divisions: MA Healthcare, MA Business, MA Agriculture, MA Education, MA Exhibitions, MA Dentistry Media, and MA Music Leisure & Travel Visit our website
Why join us?
- Training and career development is as important to us as it is to you. We want you to be the best at what you do
- We will offer you a fair and competitive salary
- Flexible working available. We believe in a work life balance!
- To start you will have 25 days holiday to enjoy which increases after continuous service
- Know anyone else who would love to join us? Great! You can earn a generous bonus by referring a colleague or friend once you are an employee
- Equality - we have an internal employee network for equality
- The company will pay the cost of a standard eye test once every two years or sooner if recommended by an optician
- Life assurance eligible from day one
- Cycle scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Pension contribution
- Company sick pay
- Christmas closure
What is the opportunity?
MA Music Leisure and Travel is recruiting for a sales executive for its classical music magazines, which include Classical Music, Opera Now, International Piano and Choir & Organ. This exciting role will involve selling advertising and building client relationships across the print and digital elements of two brands plus our recruitment website rhinegoldjobs.co.uk.
- To sell print, digital and e-marketing opportunities to a well-established client base
- Strengthen client relationships within your assigned client base
- Increase your client base by proactively seeking new clients from competitor media and your knowledge of the industry
- Achieve monthly sales targets
- Follow and respond to developments within the classical music industry
- Represent the company at trade shows/events
The ideal candidate would be able to demonstrate some or all of the following:
- Experience of working in media sales or publishing
- Interest in classical music
- Excellent communication skills
- A passion for building relationships at all levels
- Proactive attitude
- An ability to work to tight deadlines with great attention to detail
- Ability to work within a friendly and ambitious team environment
It’s simple! Hit apply and let’s get talking. We are really looking forward to receiving your CV.
Salary: up to £24,000 (DOE) plus commission circa £10,000
Office: Herne Hill, temporarily remote. Remote working to be discussed with line manager.
Application deadline: 20.06.2021
We positively celebrate Diversity & Inclusion in the Mark Allen Group. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, because it makes our company stronger. We are committed to achieving a working environment that provides equality of opportunity and freedom from discrimination. We aim to become the most inclusive business in Publishing- both for our people and our customers, reflecting and connecting with the diverse communities that we work with. We want people from all backgrounds to feel valued for their individuality and to thrive in our business and feel part of the family-run Mark Allen Group.